Learn to Make Stranded Mittens
When: Saturday, February 8 & 15 from 10:30 – 12:30
Where: Unraveled @ 9 Wilson St. East, Perth
This course will run over two consecutive Saturdays and focus on fundamental techniques for working stranded mittens. Topics include:
- Managing two colours of yarn
- Working a Latvian Braid
- Inserting thumbs
- Reading colour charts
Homework knitting may be required
Class 1: Getting started, Latvian Braid.
- Homework: Knit the remainder of the mitten palm and finger decreases
- Class 2: Grafting the finger tips, adding the thumb.
Students should know how to knit in the round (any technique), knit, purl, increase and decrease stitches.
Printed Pattern (Snowflakes and Waves by Lucia Light)
What do you need to provide?
You will need to provide the following:
- Two balls of smooth worsted weight yarn in contrasting colours. Berroco Ultra Alpaca is recommended.
- 3.75mm needle(s) in the style of your choice. Instructor will be using DPNs.
- Small amount of scrap yarn, tapestry or yarn needle.